ankesh:
n command is made for local system authentication. When you use the login command over SSH, it’s trying to prompt for a username and password on the remote system, but since the SSH session is already established, it doesn’t handle this input correctly, resulting in the termination of the SSH
Thanks @ankesh this makes sense, i can use other alternatives to login.
I am facing one more problem related to login command, sharing the link here if you could have a look.
I have a customized login button on Alma Linux VM, on pressing enter key it will call calls a python script, which internally call ‘/usr/bin/login’ command.
At below code, it gets stuck and login prompt is not seen.
subprocess.call([‘/usr/bin/login’])
I tried using… subprocess.call([''exec, ‘/usr/bin/login’]) in script it throws error…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/test/scripts/./uag_login”, line 114, in
main()
File “//opt/test/scripts/./uag_login”, line 111, in main
c…