Failed to create directory /var/lib/leapp/el8userspace//sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file system

I am trying to use ELevate for upgrading a CentOS 7 server to AlmaLinux 8. Have fixed some issues before upgrading. However, after running

leapp upgrade

the upgrading returns error

STDERR:
Failed to create directory /var/lib/leapp/el8userspace//sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file system
No matches found for the following disable plugin patterns: subscription-manager
Warning: Packages marked by Leapp for upgrade not found in repositories metadata: gpg-pubkey
RPM: warning: Generating 6 missing index(es), please wait...
Error: Transaction test error:
  file /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/six.cpython-36.opt-1.pyc from install of python3-six-1.11.0-8.el8.noarch conflicts with file from package python36-six-1.14.0-3.el7.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/six.cpython-36.pyc from install of python3-six-1.11.0-8.el8.noarch conflicts with file from package python36-six-1.14.0-3.el7.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/six.py from install of python3-six-1.11.0-8.el8.noarch conflicts with file from package python36-six-1.14.0-3.el7.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/pyparsing.cpython-36.opt-1.pyc from install of python3-pyparsing-2.1.10-7.el8.noarch conflicts with file from package python36-pyparsing-2.4.0-1.el7.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/pyparsing.cpython-36.pyc from install of python3-pyparsing-2.1.10-7.el8.noarch conflicts with file from package python36-pyparsing-2.4.0-1.el7.noarch
  file /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyparsing.py from install of python3-pyparsing-2.1.10-7.el8.noarch conflicts with file from package python36-pyparsing-2.4.0-1.el7.noarch

The system is definitely not read-only. I can add and remove files without any problem. And I found this topic, at the end, it’s saying The following error message can be safely ignored, this is not the root cause…

I wonder if it’s also applying to my case, and is it safe for rebooting now?
Thanks.

Hi,

i have exactly the same error message, is there a solution ?

i´m testing around around with almalinux, i want to upgrade all my centos 7 servers to almalinux, this is my first test. its a server with graylog, mongodb installed, the preupgrade check is good and all green, but the real upgraded process brings up some erros…wahts the problem ?

STDERR:
No matches found for the following disable plugin patterns: subscription-manager
Invalid configuration value: failovermethod=priority in /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo; Configuration: OptionBinding with id “failovermethod” does not exist
Invalid configuration value: failovermethod=priority in /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo; Configuration: OptionBinding with id “failovermethod” does not exist
Invalid configuration value: failovermethod=priority in /etc/yum.repos.d/epel-testing.repo; Configuration: OptionBinding with id “failovermethod” does not exist
Invalid configuration value: failovermethod=priority in /etc/yum.repos.d/epel-testing.repo; Configuration: OptionBinding with id “failovermethod” does not exist
Warning: Packages marked by Leapp for install not found in repositories metadata: python3-javapackages ivy-local
Warning: Packages marked by Leapp for upgrade not found in repositories metadata: gpg-pubkey
RPM: warning: Generating 6 missing index(es), please wait…
Error: Transaction test error:
file /usr/lib64/.libcrypto.so.1.1.1k.hmac from install of openssl-libs-1:1.1.1k-6.el8_5.x86_64 conflicts with file from package openssl11-libs-1:1.1.1k-3.el7.x86_64

problem solved,

i can fix my error by uninstalling the package that was displayed in the last line of my error message

after upgrading to almalinux i was able to install the missing package and all dependencies

everything fine now

i dont know but, i think there can be errors in the ugrading process when package are installted they come from some epel-repositories…just a thought

I am stucked at this step and can’t proceed further, can you please help.

============================================================
ERRORS

2024-06-08 20:25:28.075252 [ERROR] Actor: dnf_transaction_check
STDOUT:
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:51 ago on Sat Jun 8 20:24:31 2024.

STDERR:
Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration
Warning: Package marked by Leapp to install not found in repositories metadata: jackson-jaxrs-providers uom-lib-javadoc si-units-javadoc jackson-jaxrs-json-provider pcp-parfait-agent jackson-annotations jackson-jaxrs-providers-datatypes jackson-core unit-api-javadoc parfait-examples uom-se-javadoc parfait-javadoc jackson-module-jaxb-annotations uom-systems-javadoc jackson-databind
Warning: Package marked by Leapp to upgrade not found in repositories metadata: gpg-pubkey
Transaction check:

Problem: package javapackages-tools-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d.noarch from rocky8-powertools requires javapackages-filesystem = 5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d, but none of the providers can be installed

• cannot install both javapackages-filesystem-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d.noarch from rocky8-powertools and javapackages-filesystem-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+125+5da1ae29.noarch from rocky8-appstream
  • package ivy-local-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d.noarch from rocky8-powertools requires javapackages-tools = 5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d, but none of the providers can be installed
  • cannot install the best candidate for the job
  • conflicting requests

============================================================
END OF ERRORS

leapp tried to install [ javapackages-tools and javapackages-filesystem] package, but failed.
Do you need those two packages?

If Error occurs, verify error and follow below steps

#Error 1 : 1. Inhibitor: Use of NFS detected. Upgrade can’t proceed
#Solution : Identify NFS file system usng df -h and Unmount NFS File system using belo command
sudo umount -l -f :/sources
sudo systemctl disable nfs
sudo yum remove nfs-utils
#Check rcpbind status and stop and disable
sudo systemctl stop rpcbind
sudo systemctl disable rpcbind
# remove nfs share link from fstab by commenting out as below.
sudo vi /etc/fstab

Sample : #<IP>:/sources  /Install   nfs      rw,sync,hard,intr  0

sudo systemctl status rpcbind

#Error 2 : 2. Inhibitor: Missing required answers in the answer file
#read cat /var/log/leapp/answerfile and validate error
#current error is for [remove_pam_pkcs11_module_check]
#Solution : yum remove pam_pkcs11
sudo rmmod pata_acpi
echo PermitRootLogin yes | sudo tee -a /etc/ssh/sshd_config
sudo leapp answer --section remove_pam_pkcs11_module_check.confirm=True

#Error 3
Problem: package javapackages-tools-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d.noarch from rocky8-powertools requires javapackages-filesystem = 5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d, but none of the providers can be installed
cannot install both javapackages-filesystem-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d.noarch from rocky8-powertools and javapackages-filesystem-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+125+5da1ae29.noarch from rocky8-appstream
package ivy-local-5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d.noarch from rocky8-powertools requires javapackages-tools = 5.3.0-2.module+el8.3.0+74+855e3f5d, but none of the providers can be installed
cannot install the best candidate for the job
conflicting requests
#Solution : yum remove javapackages-tools