Intel Ice Lake Configuration

I am rebuilding device drivers using processes I have used on RHEL/CentOS 8.*. When I try on Alma I get the error that the include file drm/drmP.h cannot be found. Can anyone help please.

I sorted it. After some script modifications I now have the base mechanism to install drivers on alma.

2 Likes

Congrats @mwcltd , would you be willing to explain your process here for anyone who would be interested? Thank you.

I have a pdf re the Ice Lake but I can’t work out how to attach it.

Hi Joseph,

I have a pdf document but I don’t know how to attach it to the AlbaLinux forum entry.

Regards,

Mark Woolfson

MW Consultancy Ltd.

Leeds

LS18 4LY

West Yorkshire

United Kingdom

Tel: +44 7860 652778

Hi @mwcltd. Thanks for offering to share. The best way to do so would be to upload that document somewhere and share a link, perhaps github or dropbox. The forums dont currently have any mechanism through which to attach a pdf. Alternatively, you can email it to me and I can post it up somewhere for you.

1 Like

@jack @mwcltd , I was going to suggest the very same thing. Thanks Jack. Thank you too Mark for taking to time to share this with the community.

Hi Jack,

The attached single page document addresses the Ice Lake memory configuration issues, BIOS configuration, Alma Linux loading from the iso distribution and how to configure the console monitor to the correct resolution.

Currently we are soak testing the Ice Lake/AlmaLinux configuration to try and break it.

If there are any queries then please get in contact with me.

Mark

(Attachment Intel Ice Lake.pdf is missing)

Hi Jack,

My sent emails keep on bouncing back.

Regards,

Mark Woolfson

MW Consultancy Ltd.

Leeds

LS18 4LY

West Yorkshire

United Kingdom

Tel: +44 7860 652778

@mwcltd not sure if my message got to you earlier but I have enabled pdf uploads for you. This is the file here as well in case you haven’t seen my message. Intel Ice Lake.pdf (78.6 KB)