Has anyone encountered the following situation? I’m not sure where to report a bug, as the bug might not be ELRepo’s after all.
- I have [elrepo-kernel] enabled, because I need
kernel-lt(6.1). - I only have
kernel-lt,kernel-lt-core,kernel-lt-modulesinstalled, but notkernel-lt-tools,kernel-lt-tools-lib. - I also do not have anything
kernel-mtinstalled. - Starting with ELRepo’s
kernel-ml-6.6.2build of 20-Nov-2023, nowdnf,DiscoverNotifier,plasma-discover,gnome-software, they all want me to “update/upgrade” this:
Installingkernel-ml-toolsreplacingkernel-tools
Installing dependencykernel-ml-tools-libsreplacingkernel-tools-libs - The funny thing is that it never tried to install either of
kernel-lt-toolsorkernel-ml-toolsas a “replacement” forkernel-tools; it’s only with this build ofkernel-ml-toolsthat it does so! - How can I tell whether this bug is ELRepo’s, or dnf’s?
Of course bothkernel-lt-toolsandkernel-ml-tools“provide”kernel-tools, but that’s not a reason to force the installation ofkernel-ml-tools! Becausekernel-ltandkernel-mtalso “provide”kernel, and neither are proposed as upgrades tokernel!
I inspected ELRepo’s spec files forkernel-ltandkernel-ml, and they’re practically identical, bar the differences in names and versions.
I also inspected the changes between 6.6.1 and 6.6.2 forkernel-ml. Nope.
So I can’t tell what was it that suddenly madekernel-ml-toolsa mandatory replacement forkernel-tools.
I had to fix this by setting priorities/costs: 1 for [baseos] and 1000 [elrepo-kernel]. Is that a normal thing to do that I wasn’t aware of?
Still, even without these priorities,kernel-mtdidn’t want to replace Alma’skernel, so where’s the bug?