Kernel update issue

I’ve searched a bunch but haven’t figured out a solution yet. I have several VMs and a few physical boxes in this situation. Most are converted from CentOS but a few are older clean installs. They are all on 5.14.0-362.24.1.el9_3.x86_64 because when 5.14.0-362.24.2 was released, it broke a lot of things for me. I wish I could tell you what i did but i forced it back to .1 incorrectly. That is all i know for sure. Now they are all not upgrading the kernel.
I tried doing a ‘sudo dnf distro-sync’ which does try to upgrade just the kernel, kernel-core, kernel-modules, kernel-modules-core. When I reboot into that kernel, it seems to boot up fine at first, but once it gets to the login with gnome or without, it hangs. I can’t login, or anything.
I’ve not had to deal with this kind of issue often, so my skills in this area are poor. I’m not sure what to provide you, to be able to assist me.
Thanks for any assistance in advance!

edit:
I think I’ve figured out my issue. I’ve tested on 2 physical machines and it’s working as expected now. For some reason I had to manually

dnf reinstall kernel-core-5.14.0-427.13.1.el9_4.x86_64
dnf install kernel-modules-extra-5.14.0-427.13.1.el9_4.x86_64

after doing that, and a reboot, everything seems good.
I still have several other VMs try this on to see if this resolves all the issues.

On my VMs, most needed something similar. I eventually found just switching the CPU mode from passthrough to host-model would’ve saved me a lot of trouble.