KVM failed to power ON VM that is migrated from ESXi

Hi Everybody,

I have an issue about the a VM(win2k16) that is migrated from ESXi to KVM
The OVF file is exported from ESXi, copy to Linux, convert VMDK to QCOW2 by using qemu-img

When power ON the VM, it stuck at
Booting from Hard disk…
No bootable device.

I am not sure is it correct, it should be OS firmware issue about the BIOS /UEFI
then i tried to update the VM config via “virsh edit MYVM”, and add the following in

<loader>/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.secboot.fd</loader>
<nvram>/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/nvram/MYVM.fd</nvram>

Then when I power ON the VM, it seems much worse, and returns error:
qemu: could not load PC BIOS ‘/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.secboot.fd’

Actually, i am not sure is it the root cause (BIOS/UEFI) that failed to power ON VM
Is anybody could help please?

Thanks in advance

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.