Screen in Supermicro IPMI is continously blinking in Alma Linux 9.6

Screen in Supermicro IPMI is continously blinking in Alma Linux 9.6 Sage Margay, in 9.5 Teal Serval it´s ok.
(Firmware Revision : 03.21, Firmware Build Time : 2015-01-16). It´s because of unsupported hardware?

Hi, I can’t reproduce this on my side, but it looks consistent with older Supermicro BMC/IPMI firmware not playing well with the newer 9.6 kernel’s early display path.
Please update the BMC/IPMI and BIOS if available to the latest—this often fixes KVM flicker on ASPEED boards.
If you need a quick workaround before updating, try booting once with nomodeset disables kernel mode setting or blacklist simpledrm to see if the flicker stops.

参考サイト

Hello Akyoshi,

have the latest available IPMI/BMC Supermicro firmware.
I tried to upgrade on alma 10 , but this is not viable, because of unsupported hw.

adding console=ttyS0,115200n8 into grub doesnt helped

But thanks for your reply.

Adding GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“nomodeset simpledrm.blacklist=1” didn´t helped too.

@pambroz

It seems like a grub parameter or
a kernel module is affecting it.
I’ll look into it. Please wait a little longer.

thanks