Very weird Docker freezing issue

Hi there,

I’ve a very weird freezing issue when using Plex under Docker.

So my setup:

• Dedicated physical Docker Server (Minisforum MS01 - Core i9 - 96GB RAM)
  • Almalinux 9.4 fully patched
  • Plex 1.40.4.8679 (latest available that day, but previous has the same issue)

Some important infos:

• it is not a transcoding issue because several videos I have trouble with doesn’t require transcoding.
  • the MS01 is connected with a LACP bond 2x10Gbps (The file share too)
  • the bond is configure with a trunk, including several VLANs, one of these VLANs is dedicated to NFS share traffic
  • NFS shares are mounted on host at boot so containers can have access to movies, music, etc…
  • I noticed issues are coming randomly but apparently only on big files with higher quality
  • The host is chilling, no CPU struggling and of course, not the network either

The problem itself:

• I will start watching a movie and randomly, movie will freeze
  • during that time, other docker instances will be “cut” from network too
  • after a few minutes, all applications are back to normal again adn I can restart the movie
  • For testing purposes, I created a test instance of Jellyfin, the same issue occurs too, so I can’t blame Plex but server is recovering way faster with JF.
  • Problem occurs on movies that I know had no issues before

Might be the host (NFS, etc…) or Docker itself but that’s why I don’t really know where to start and how to troubleshoot.

Any help would be very much appreciated! :wink:
Thanks in advance

A little up with some more info : from my understanding, it is linked to Docker itself as the server with Cockpit is always reactive, event when my containers are not responding.

Restart of Docker service can help, but it struggles restarting some time, only a server reboot will help.

Any clue? :slightly_smiling_face:

Little up?

Where can I can troubleshoot this deeper?

So I changed completely my network settings to rule out an LACP trunk issue but still, with separated interfaces, one for LAN VLANs & one for NFS shares, Docker is still hanging.

I’m getting out of ideas… any help? :slightly_smiling_face: